The concept of free improvisation within the improvised music can be presented as a new, integral whole of a musician-artist. In relation to the creations it is produced on a colourful way, temporally limited and may be partially or completely liberated from the proposed musical material. It is forming from the first sound in the room and each following gesture, sensibility and fundus of musician’s skills defines the orientation of formal and content development. Freedom of Creation is built on the foundations of general musical laws as such and in the absence of the rules, we are facing in the genre definitions of individual music history periods. Workshop offers open room for the collective practice of free improvisation and constant reflection over the process. During the conversations about the played/heard, each participant will be able to guide the flow of group work, through play, exercise, experiment.
We will begin with a complete freedom of improvisation, refusal of musical idioms, and end with the assembly and playing of the program, that will be staged. The workshop is open to all musicians, regardless of experience, they only need to bring an instrument.
Marina Džukljev is a pianist, pedagogue and an active performer in the field of contemporary music, improvisation and applied music.
Her engagement with improvised music began in free improvisation in collaborations with musicians such as: Diatribes, Urs Leimgruber, Tomaž Grom, Joel Grip, Albert Markos, Szilard Mezei, Yedo Gibson, Vasco Trilla, John Dikeman, Vid Drašler, Jalalu-Kalvert Nelson, Andrej Fon, Isabelle Duthoit, Reka Kutas, Peter Ajtai, Jaka Berger, Robert Roža,Marko Karlovčec, Igor Čubrilović, Manja Ristić, Herman Muntzing and many others. Her performances were recorded and broadcasted by such public radio and television networks as: RTS Digital, Radio Belgrade 3, and Radio Novi Sad. She also has a long standing collaboration with the Ujvideki Szinhaz Theatre in Novi Sad. She has performed in festivals all across Europe and she is a regular performer in Improvised Music Concerts ImprovE (Belgrade) and Improstor (Novi Sad). She is a member of the quartet, septet, tentet and the large ensemble of the composer and violist Szilard Mezei, with whom she has recorded and published music over the many years of collaboration.
- SCULPTURE WORKSHOP/WOOD CARVING | instructor: DUŠAN GERLICA (SLO)
- FILM GUERRILLA (short format, with any useful tools) or with HEAD CAMERA | lead by: SRĐAN ĐURANOVIĆ (SRB)
- MUSICAL WORKSHOP | lead by: MARINA DŽUKLJEV (SRB)
- VIDEO DESIGN VJ-ING | mentor: INCREDIBLE BOB (SRB)
- REUSE | lead by: RE.DO – Petra Doljak (SLO)
- DANCE WORKSHOP – SILENT DIALOGUE| mentor: Ryuzo Fukuhara (JPN)
- WEAVING WORKSHOP | lead by: JELENA GAVRILOVIĆ – GAGA (SRB)
- SCREEN PRINT WORKSHOP | lead by: JP DESIGN
- SEXUAL HEALTH WORKSHOP: BOARD GAME | Mentor: Tanja Kovačič (SLO)
- POTIONS OF NATURE | instructor: MATEJA PODKRAJŠEK
- TRADITIONAL YOGA | instructor Urška Bizjak (Slo)
- GONGS | mentor: MATIJA STARIĆ (SLO)
- “RECISCENA” – the scenography of the festival site with recycled materials | instructor: Marko A. Kovačič
- SOUND- PUZZLE WORKSHOP | lead by Samo Svete