All you need to know for a healthy and safe travel during COVID-19 to Slovenia:
Recommendation for arrival from the direction of Ljubljana, Slovenia :
• Via Škofja Loka the road is picturesque but full of turns.
• Via Logatec and Idrija there are less turns (not zero).
• For a longer but more comfortable ride, continue along the highway past Logatec to Nova Gorica and from there up to the Soča valley.
• Choose a good music mix or radio station to pass the time!
Recommendation for arrival from Italy :
• From the direction of Gorizia and further south, we recommend driving via Nova Gorica.
• From the direction of Udine, we recommend driving via Kobarid.
Recommendation for arrival from Austria :
• We recommend driving through Italy, over the Predel pass, via Bovec and Kobarid.
• If you decide to drive via Maribor, Celje, and Ljubljana, we recommend taking the highway as far as Nova Gorica.
Use this link to find the best route for you: plan-your-trip
There is a train station Most na Soči, distant 5 km from Tolmin and the festival venue.
Check the timetable at: SLO railways.
From the station one can take a taxi, bus or a walk towards Tolmin. A mini bus to Tolmin is provided for every train arrival, waiting in the parking lot of the train station. The Conflu area can also be reached on foot. The walk lasts about 2 hours, the terrain is not demanding, the path is routed right by the water.
There are numerous bus connections between Slovenia/Ljubljana main bus station and other countries.
When you get to Ljubljana main bus station there you will find bus connection to Tolmin as well.
Check the timetable for buses here: Ljubljana Bus Station
Visitors of Sajeta Art and Music Festival can use several airports, the closest are:
Ljubljana (SLO) – Letališče Jožeta Pučnika Ljubljana (99 km)
Trieste (ITA) – Ronchi dei Legionari (90 km)
Klagenfurt (A) – Airport Klagenfurt (130 km)
Rijeka (HR) – Letališče Rijeka (165 km)
Venezia (ITA) – Aeroporto Marco Polo & Aeroporto di Treviso (180 km)
You can find your flight here: fraport-slovenija
You can search if anyone offers or searches a ride from your location here: prevozi.org. If you sign up on this page, you ca also add your offer for the ride.
We will enable the visitors to arrange rideshares on //link available soon// .
During the festival there will be an info board at the venue where you can post your add.